UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

what is the application fee for extension

Customer Question

what is the application fee for extension to leave for Tier-1 General , child dependent over 18 years, the dependent application mentions £750, but in Tier-1 general Application page 4 described dependent application fee £750, but in same paragraph it gives a very confusing statement, can you please clarify what is the correct fee

Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Unfortunatley, a child who is over the age of 18 is no longer your dependent, she/he will need to submit an application on their own basis and will no longer be classed as your dependent. Only child under the age of 18 will be classed as dependent.

I suggest the child makes an application on their on basis.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Your answer reflects that you dont know about immigration law and wasted my money, please read UK border agency application version 10/12, to extension to leave to remain in uk Tier 1 (General) page:4 paragraph Dependents, it mentions about dependants age 18 years or over, this paragraph is very confusing. these dependants will apply on separate form, these dependents came to uk when were under 18 and now at the time of extension they became over 18 but still are dependents

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

I believe that I what i said did sound confusing. Just to clarify.

The amount payable for someone over the age of 18 will be £561.00 and not £750.00. What I stated was as a child aged over the age of 18 will no longer be regarded as your dependent they will need to submit a separate application and pay the fee of £561 and state reasons why they should be regarded as your dependent even if they are over the age of 18.

Therefore a fee of £561 will be charged for this separate application.

I hope this clarifies the answer.

Kind regards.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I fear this is not as straight forward as mentioned, there is a glitch in this statement, first they excluded the over 18 from £750 category and later mentioned to incure charge of £561, it needs clarification, UK border agency is not so kind that they will make concession, is it possible to check it from any other sourcel

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Relist: Inaccurate answer. The expert dont have proper information, I asked him what will be the application fee for extension to leave to remain for a dependent over 18 years of Tier-1 (General), when applying at the same time, I came to UK under HSMP program and now applying for extension, for reference see, UK border agency Tier-1 general application version 10/12, page:4, paragraph ; Dependents and Tier-1, 2 and 5 dependent application form, the fee described for over 18 years dependents is unclear.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The proper form for the main applicant is TIER-1(General) version 10/12 and for dependents Tier-1, 2 or 5 PBS dependents from 01/10/2012, in this form page: 3 shows the list of fees to various categories, in this form first item is if dependent applying separately than fee is £561, but in third box it is mentioned Tier-1 general fee £750, but my dependents are applying at the same time with me and in application Tier-1(General) page:4 paragraph "Dependents" it described something I cant understand

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All the information I recieved was wrong, fee advised was wrong and than wrong form advised to fill.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
How was the advice wrong?

What form did you fill in?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

forget get it, I have to spend 45 minutes wait on phone to get information from UK border agency, the actual form for dependents is pbsdependent Tier 1, 2 and 5, and fee for dependent over 18 is £1500, same as main applicant. the phone bill I will receive later on, realy I disappointed from your information and will think to come for any information on just answer

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I also searched out a person who had the same case 3 months ago, he sent application with £750 and was turned back by ukba, saying submit £1500 for dependent over 18 , unfortunately it is not mentioned any where but they are charging, with in 4 years they have increased fee 250% for main applicant and 1500% for dependents and 3000% for dependants over18, thanks very much for your time

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!