Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

hello ok how can i retrieve all of my information ?because

hello ok how can i retrieve all of my information ?because i know i had a lots of small issues due to alcohol and marijuana that i am sure now i have forgotten but since i do not do that anymore because a denied visa is something that hurt a lot i believe i am not a danger i abused on marijuana and alcohol since they refused me the visa i had time to think about my future and i really wish to have degree either in europe or america my parents do not trust me i hav no experience i really feel hopeless i also believe people that was surrounding me while in america was jealous before because my parents spoiled me a lot now im outside america wish to study in united kingdom with a different state of mind i desire a fresh start a new life but before i go to united kingdom embassy can i have everything that is pre arrest investigation arrestation and accusation that is in my criminal record?i am very lost...

Are you asking about a UK visa application?

If so, what kind?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for studying

Have you applied and been rejected?

If so, what were the reasons for refusal?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

nope i did applied online i put no in every criminal question regardless the fact i had a past in america ...i have my appointment coming soon am i in the good or bad way?

What criminal convictions do you actually have?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

saexual sollicitation (guilty in 09) weed possession (guilty in 2011)

resisting arrest (guilty in 2008). A case i had in 2010 but all charges had been dropped such as: weed possession first and second degree assault disordelery conduct disturbing the peace

Thanks for your patience.

I’m afraid that if you have said that you have not been convicted of a criminal offence in your application then it’s highly likely that you will be rejected. By giving that answer you have effectively deceived the UKBA.

The US and the UK share criminal data like this. They UKBA will find out and most likely reject your application.

The best thing you can do is write a detailed follow up letter informing them that you misunderstood the questions relating to your previous convictions and informing them of what has happened in the past.

You should explain any mitigation of the offences and give full details of the rehabilitation. If you went on courses then give evidence of this. If you have no criminal convictions since this time then inform them. If these were partly due to some other personal circumstances then tell them. You should also get persons of authority who know you (lawyers, doctors, teachers, religious ministers) to execute character references confirming your continued good character.

Send these with the letter. You may (may) then have an outside chances of getting an approval but it’s still fairly unlikely.

I am sorry.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

does convicted means when you go under programs such as anti alcoholic programs and anti drugs programs? because with all the arrest i had i only been in jail once for 2 weeks then 2 other weeks for the samwe case was in 2010 had a bail bond then charges got dropped in 2010 for all cases ... for 2009 the sexual solicitation i believe i did plaid guilty scared of goin to jail but i confess i was not very guilty at that time i had not a very good level of english i had a class that i took and paid for 300 dollars i thought i would be ok after that. regarding the weed possession case i did a program for that anti drug i went to pi every week at the court then for my court date i was all clean so i just had 16 hours of community service then i believe i had a program of expungment i believe i did everything straight. Sir i stepped out of america not to run away but to remake my vsa because i forgot to renew my I 20 i believe it was a trap too and behind me i left 2 court date once is done and both was for driving without authorized license i was ready to come back with the translated international driver license but unfortunatelly i am not coming back i lost all reference papers for that because i believed i was coming back in america and i heard from somebody that went to hear what the judge would say about it that i have a bench warrant since the 16th i am not a bad person i believe i have a lack of organisation !! the passport i want to use to travel to united kingdom is the regular passport we do ont want to use the diplomatic one because even if its not expired yet my dad does not work for the president anymore i just wish to be a regular citizen like everybody ...and its in my diplomatic passport that i have the american visa even if i went there as a student ... i believe that they may find me because of my fingerprint because when you enter the US you leave fingerprint and picture even if i have the old version of diplomatic passport in gabon please answer me i postponed my appointment for united kingdom for monday still does not know what is the passport i might go with should i just confess everything then use the diplomatic passport that expire in end of 2013 or use the regular passport that i made in august which is a biometric one and pretend that i have never been in america?

It's very simple.

A conviction is where a court finds you guilty of an offence, or where you accept you are guilty of an offence and pay the fine without actually going to Court in the case of small offences.

If you have the convictions that you refer to then my advice stands unamended. Please re-read it.

It will still be difficult because it appears as if you have misrepresented whether you have convictions. You will probably be refused on this. You appear to know you were convicted. You did not disclose this. It's a big problem.