Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Based on the refusal of the Tier 1 visa i applied for that

Based on the refusal of the Tier 1 visa i applied for that was refused last month,I still have a year left on my prior spouse visa(dependant of a tier 2 migrant) and have returned to the UK.Normally my spouse's company is due to renew our tier 2 in the next one year.Would this affect us in any way(Please note that my spouse also applied as a dependant on the tier 1 I applied for that was refused)

Thanks for your patience.

A refusal for another type of visa is not a ground to refuse an extension of an existing visa. Refusals must be by reference to the grounds of refusal contained in the immigration rules and prior refusal isn’t one.

Provided that there was nothing contained in your Tier 1 application which was deceptive or dishonest then your position in applying for an extension will not be affected by your refusal and if you meet the eligibility criteria then you will be granted an extension.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,