Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am withdrawing my spouses sponsorship of her UK visa application

I am withdrawing my spouses sponsorship of her UK visa application which has a probationary period of 2-years ending in early December. Does our divorce have to be completed before her visa is curtailed or is independent of our marriage status at the UKBA's discretion?

Thanks for your question.

If you inform the UKBA in writing of your separation and pending divorce then the UKBA will write to her stating that they are curtailing her visa and that her leave to remain in the UK has then ceased.

However, it's highly probable that they will not actively seek to deport her for a few months. If she writes to them stating that she wishes to stay in order to complete the divorce then they will probably take the view not to actively pursue her at that time.

After a few months have paased they may then actively seek to remove her, but her leave to remain ceases upon the UKBA being informed by you in writing confirming the marriage is at an end and proving your identity.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tom

I asked another question regards XXXXX XXXXX have had no response

I can't answer that one. Another expert will assist in due course. Please be patient.

Tom