Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

my friend married in argentina now she is granted devorce

my friend married in argentina now she is granted devorce in ukraine does the united kingdom reconise this

Thanks for your patience.

Provided that they were legally married in Argentina according to the laws of Argentina then they would be regarded as being married under UK Law.

Again, provided that the obtained their divorce in Ukraine according to the laws of Ukraine then the divorce will be recognised by UK law. So, if they divorced in the normal way that Ukranian citizens divorced, most likely by obtaining some form of divorce decree (ie. A certificate stating that they are legally divorced according to Ukranian law) then it will be binding in the UK.

This being the case they would now be regarded as unmarried for the purpose of applying UK law.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,