How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7600
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner is a seychelles citizen but in 1976 she was given

This answer was rated:

My partner is a seychelles citizen but in 1976 she was given indefinate leave to stay in the UK. Can she apply for a british passport without having to go through british citizenship process, which she she feels that she would not pass due to her age (69)

Thanks for your patience.

If she is over 65 years of age then she should be exempt from having to pass the “Knowledge of Life in the UK” test and meet this part of the requirement.

Please see the second paragraph on the following link:-

Which is linked to via exemptions on the following page:-

Therefore, provided she is able to provide her passport and birth certificate to verify her age she can apply for an exemption by ticking the box at Section 1.20 on the naturalisation application form.

She still needs to apply for naturalisation by submitting the form but I presume that she otherwise meets the eligibility criteria and that this will be simply an administrative task in essence.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions