Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am a student overtstayer for 6month now and wish to stay

I am a student overtstayer for 6month now and wish to stay behind in the uk and dont know what to do and wish way to go about it please help me out. what can i do???
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

Are you in a relationship with a UK national, EEA national or foreign national holding indefinite leave to remain in the UK?

Do you have any children?
Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not at all i dont have any relationship yet and dont have any children.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.
If you are not in a relationship with any of those people and there is no child in the UK with legal leave to remain for which you have access rights then I’m afraid there is nothing that you can do.

The rules are very strict with regard to overstayers. Any application for extension that you would make now would be rejected.

The only possible option which you could apply for asylum. Claiming Asylum is very difficult. In practice only 19 of 100 applications are actually accepted.

In order to claim asylum you must show that you have a well founded fear of persecution because of:-
 race;
 religion;
 nationality;
 political opinion; or
 membership of a particular social group.

If your application is not genuine though you will be found out.

If you are not able to claim asylum then it would be better to leave the UK of your own accord and paying for your ticket, because then you would only receive a re-entry ban of 1 year as opposed to (potentially) 2, 5 or 10 years.

I am very sorry it could not be better news. The only alternative is to marry one of the people above and then apply on the basis of marriage, but if the relationship is not genuine then it would be a breach of an immigration rules.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please how soon from now can i make all this optional get done (having a geniue relationship with a UK national, EEA national or foreign national holding indefinite leave to remain in the UK or have any children) before any drastic legal action by the Immigration took place. because i have been going to rteporting center in dallas court every forthnight since month of May this year.

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

You would have to show a relationship of at least three months, more ideally. You have to be living together as well really. It must be genuine.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can i stop going to reporting center till i found a suitable relationship or i should be reporting becuase people gave me an advise to stop going coz i might be detained someday please advise on what to do concerning that. regards

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

It's possible you could be detained there one day yes. But if you do not attend then they will deport you the next time they catch up with you.

Tom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its been four month now i have been going for reporting since month of May is there any chances for me to stay upto six month in the country again ???

Expert:  Thomas replied 1 year ago.

I doubt it unfortunately.

Tom