Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

i am married to an EU lady but have Customary certificate of

i am married to an EU lady but have Customary certificate of wedding from Ghana, just want to know if i can put my application forward to the home office?

Thanks for your patience.

Provided that the marriage is recognised in the country that it took place in, was executed so as to satisfy the requirements of the country’s law and there was no legal restriction on either party marrying then the marriage will be recognised by the uk:-
See 2 on the above link.

Further, see 15.5 on the following link that such customary marriages which are registered are regarded as valid:-

Your marriage will be regarded as valid for the purpose of applying for a family permit

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,