UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

Can you tell me as a Civil Partner of a British Citizen, both

Can you tell me as a Civil Partner of a British Citizen, both living abroad what visa I would require to immigration to the UK?

Also can you explain the process for immigration, such as leave to apply and the average times (I recognise that each case is different.

Regards

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

You need to apply for a Partner settlement visa, see here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/apply-outside-uk/

The visa, if granted, will be valid for 30 months initially and you may apply for further leave to remain in the UK for another 30 months, after spending 5 years in the UK, you may apply for indefinite leave to remain (permanent resident).

Average waiting times are 2-4 weeks in Australia.

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Can you explain to me what leave to remain is? If the initial visa is granted for 30 months, will I have access to the NHS system?

Regards

Yes, you will have access to the NHS.

Leave to remain is same as a visa i..e permission to be in the country.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. As part of a Civil Partnership visa will I be subject to a medical examination. Is it required by law to disclose pre existing medical conditions? Is it common practice to disclose pre existing medical conditions?

No medical test required. You may be asked about pre existing medical conditions e.g. TB testing carried out.

All the best