Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

urgent Tier 4 application with previous biometric card lost

Hello, I am a undergraduate student who is about to graduate. I lost my Tier 4 visa 3 moths back and I was granted 3 moths of stay in the UK. However the visa I lost grants me stay until 30th of Nov. It is approaching the end of my permission of stay in the UK border. I read on the Tier 4 application guideline that a student applying for Tier 4 visa is allowed to overstay for 28 days. I wonder if this  term is applicable to me so that I can overstay within 28 days and apply for a new Tier 4 visa with my MSc degree. Thanks

Has the original three month period you were granted after you lost your Tier 4 expired? If so, when did this expire?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It will expire tomorrow.

Thanks for your patience.

You are taken for the purpose of the application of the rules to cease to have leave to remain once the three month period of grace granted to you by the UKBA after you lost your visa has expired.

Therefore you will cease to have leave to remain in the UK as of tomorrow.

If you apply within 28 days of tomorrow then your application will be considered.

If you apply after 28 days from tomorrow then your application will almost certainly be rejected as there are new rules from 1st October stating that any application which is submitted by someone who has overstayer their leave to remain by 28 days MUST be rejected:-

Your leave to remain will be taken to be curtailed from the original date your Tier 4 visa expired to the date on which the three month period expires.

If you wish to make an attempt to remain in the UK without leaving the UK then you must submit an application within 28 days of tomorrow.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,