Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

I get married but my visa has expired how can I apply for another

I get married but my visa has expired how can I apply for another in UK

Were you on a spouse visa?

When did this expire?

Are you still in a relationship with the person that you married?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my husband is from romania we are live together and I had a student visa which expired two months ago

Thanks for your patience.

I assume that your husband is legally exercising his treaty rights in the UK by working. In the case of other applications you cannot make an application for leave to remain if you have overstayed your visa.

There are new rules in place absolutely prohibiting further leave to remain being extended if the person has overstayed for more than 28 days. However, these apply to other routes rather than as a spouse of an EEA nationals.

I would say that it would be worth applying simply because there is no fee for applying.

You would have to apply for an EEA family permit:-

If it is not accepted then you would have to return to your home country to apply again, but provided they UKBA accept the marriage is genuine you should be successful.

Once you have this you can apply for a residence card:-

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

how can I apply for eea family permit from inside of UK because is written on the application you can apply and use only from outside of UK or is another application

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

which form should I use

I think they may have changed the form. In that case I would apply straight away for a residence card.

The link to the form is on the following page:-

You should use the form EEA2 on the right hand side of the following page:-