Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I mistakenly forgot the date my resident permit expire by One

I mistakenly forgot the date my resident permit expire by One day and sent it the next day.do I have any hope of been considered for an extension.my wife and 3kids are all British citizens.any hope please advice.
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

I assume that by ‘residence permit’ you mean that you have a spouse visa as the non-EEA spouse of a UK national wife. If this is the case and you have only missed your application by one day because of an oversight then – provided that your wife and children are in the UK and shall remain permanently based here – you will probably be granted your further leave to remain.

If you otherwise continue to meet the eligibility criteria and have not overstayed by more then 28 days then you should be fine.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom