Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

my girlfriend is from russia and i would like her to visit

my girlfriend is from russia and i would like her to visit me soon . how do i apply for a visit visa for her. we have been together for 5 years and lived together in the U.A.E and Spain untill my return to the U.K. i WILL MARRY HER ONCE MY DEVIOCE IS FINISHED.

Thanks for your question.

When you say that you wish for your girlfriend to visit you, would this be her visiting you in the UK?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes for a short holiday

Ok. Thanks.

Do you have friends/relatives in the UK that would be willing to sponsor her during your visit?

Are you British?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes there is someone and yes i am form U.K

Ok. Drafting your now. Ten mins.

Tom

Thanks for your patience.

The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow (as I am sure you know), is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

You have to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in her home country which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay because she at present has compelling family and social/work ties to her home country which mean that she will not attempt to secure a permanent stay here whilst she is visiting. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money she has available, letters from relatives/friends confirming any obligations she has to them.

If you are based in the UK and will assist her during the intended stay you should go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of the visit, that you are to return at the end of it, that although you are in a relationship with her you both know that she MUST leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship, that you shall accommodate you and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

If you are based in the UK then there is no need to seek sponsorship from relatives/friends.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-
http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law
.
The UKBA are suspicious of one party to a couple visiting the other party in the UK because of the huge problem with overstayers here so you have to give them as much documentary evidence as you can that indicates that her life remains back in her home country and that there are verifiable reasons which will compel her to return.

All the information on how to apply is here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/apply/

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom