Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Question about health/NHS: I was wondering if I am able to

Question about health/NHS:
I was wondering if I am able to utilize the NHS using my visa as my husband lives/pays taxes here or if we will need to get private insurance? This would be in regards XXXXX XXXXX If yes, what sort of documents would I have to provide?

Thanks for your patience.

As the non-EEA family member of an EEA national you derive rights from him. Therefore you have the same access to NHS services/health care in the UK provided that you are still a dependent of him (ie. that you are married).

Therefore you will not require health insurance in order to get health care and have a child in the UK. You would be well advised to register with a doctor in the UK when you arrive here.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,