How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7590
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Tom, Thank you very much for your swift answers to my

This answer was rated:

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for your swift answers to my initial queries. Now I've got some more questions that I'm not sure about how to answer. Could you help me again? Here are the questions:

1) We are unmarried couple. We've lived together almost 5 years here in Italy. We've got one child who's four years old (possesses both Italian and Japanese passport). I've heard that having dependent child is disadvantageous to get VISA as English government has to end up paying child benefit. It true? I heard that a non-EU friend of my partner hid the fact that they have a child and succeeded in getting VISA! I don't think I should do the same thing but if I tell the truth that we have a child, does it help if we have good saving like over 20000 UK pound on my account?

2) In part 6 they ask my history of travelling to the UK in the past 10 years. They say; You stated that you had travelled to the UK in the last 10 years.
Please provide details of all your trips to the UK over the last 10 years.

The fact is, I have traveled between the UK, Japan and Italy countless times ever since I first went to the UK to take Master degree in Manchester in 2003. Do I really have to state every single entry/departure since that time? If so, how can I track it down? I mean, do I have to check all the stamps on my passports? I don't think UK boarder stamps on when leaving the country, they do only when entering. In such case to what extent of details I should provide here? FYI, I've gained work permit from December 2004 till December 2009, which I didn't maximise. Do I have to include the trips during these years?

3) on Part 7 they ask, Does the EEA National have an EEA National Registration Certificate number?

What is this?

4) They ask the amount of my partner's current income as I am supported by him. Do I have to present his pay slip at the interview to prove the amount I put on the application form? My partner is Bar Manager so he gets a lot of tips on top of his official monthly payment. I wonder the discrepancy will cause any problem.

5) They ask the total amount of our saving. Are these prices below sound adequate for a unmarried family with a child?
6000 euros in Italian Bank account.
10000 euros in ItalXXXXX XXXXXfe insurance.
20000 in English Bank account.

6) in Part 7, Does the EEA National receive money from public funds and/ or benefits?' Please give details of any monies the EEA National receives from public funds and/ or benefits. Details of public funds/ benefits can be found on the UK Border Agency website.

Does this include the family benefit from Italian government? My partner gets this benefit (about 135 euros/month) through work. We will lose this right when he leaves his job to move to the UK. What should I put here?

7) in Part 8 there is a question, Have you used an agent or representative to complete this application?

What is the intention of this question? Should I put you in here?

That's all for now. I'm grateful if you could let me know asap.


May I anwser tomorrow please? I'm on my phone at the moment.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tom,


Thank you for your reply. Sure, I can wait your answer till tomorrow.


However, I had to post the same queries to other lawyers as I really have to apply for this visa urgently and saw two other specialist were online at that moment. I was expecting to hear from someone, including you, by now but it seems they are all busy or not working. Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if you could get back to me by tomorrow so I can finalise this online application and submit it by Monday first thing.


Kindest regards,



Thanks for your patience.

1) You should absolutely disclose that you have a child and that they are a UK citizen. It would be deception if you did not and this is taken very seriously by the UKBA, it could mean that they refuse your application if you deceive them.

It is not disadvantageous to have a child. It is not a reason for them to refuse. Don't worry about this.

£20, 000.00 in your account will help generally with the application, but the application is not controversial. It's a standard, common-place application in fact.

2) You should give the more accurate details of your travel history as you resonably can. If you cannot remember and do not have stamps just be honest and say so. It's not a big problem.

3) A registration certificate is a document which confirms the EEA's right to remain in the UK for a period of 5 years. If he is not already in the UK then he won't have this so you can either ignore it or state not applicable here.

4) Yes, you should produce his pay slips. This will be sufficient.

5) Yes, this amounts are much more than adequate

6) Include this amount and give details of the benefit but state that it shall cease upon leaving ITaly

7) If you instruct a solicitor to prepare the application then you would put their name and firm here. You should leave this blank. I am giving your general advice, not specific advice and I can't accept instructions from customers.

You will be fine.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi there,


Thank you very much for getting back to me on Sunday! I am so pleased.


5) you say the amount is "much more than adequate". Do you mean we should put it as is or decrease it - e.g. to only the amount in the English bank?


Kind regards,


Hi Its,

No problem.

I mean that the amount if adequate. You do not need anymore, if you just show the amount with statements then you will be fine.

Kind regards XXXXX XXXXX luck.

Thomas and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tom,


Super thanks for your quick reply! I will follow your advice.


I've finally reached the last section!! At the last section they ask "Is there any other information you wish to be considered as part of your application?". Is there anything I can put to secure my quick visa process?


I really need to fly to the UK by 10-11th September at the latest, so my daughter won't miss her school days that are to start on the 4th Sep. But that all depends on my visa. Can I state this on this last section or better not?


Kind regards,



There is nothing you can do to expedite it I'm afraid.

Just state your time requirements and you never know.

Good luck.
Thomas and 2 other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions