Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

my husband is non-EEu citizen, he is in the country 7 years

my husband is non-EEu citizen, he is in the country 7 years already, his current visa is going to expired soon, does he need a new one or any other permit to stay ?

What visa is he on?

What visa(s) has he held for the past 5 years?

What nationality are you?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is on HSMP, before was on student visa. I am polish, live in UK also 7 years

How long has he been on his HSMP visa?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

sorry, i have just reviewed it, he was a student, and then on post study work visa last 2 years

Hi

Thanks for your patience.

Okay, if he ahs been on an HSMP visa for that length of time then he does not qualify to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

As the husband of an EEA national though, he should apply for an EEA Family Permit before his visa expires:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/eea-family-permit/

Once he has obtained a family permit he will be eligible to apply to the UKBA for a residence card which confirms his right of residence in the UK on the basis of your marriage:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/documents-family/applying/

It will either take the form of an endorsement in his passport or as a separate immigration status documents confirming his right to reside here for 5 years. This is proof to his employers that he is legally able to work in the UK

At the end of this time he will be able to apply for a Permanent Residence here if he wishes and has not spent significant time outside the UK.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he was on post-study work visa, not hsmp

Sorry, that was a mistype but it does not change the answer at all - hee needs to do exaclty as described above.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards

Tom