Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

We would like to apply for Power of Attorney, to allow our

We would like to apply for Power of Attorney, to allow our solicitors in Cyprus to act for us whilst selling our apartment there...we live in England.
Do we need to make an appointment with you?
If so we are coming to London on the 23rd August.
Thank you
Kathleen and XXXXX XXXXX
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Has your solicitor in Cyprus asked you to execute a Cypriot power of attorney?

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes he has and sent us a Po A form to bring to Cypriot embassy for signing
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi

Thanks for your patience, I’ve had connectivity issues.

If you are to empower your Cypriot solicitor to be a power of attorney then the power of attorney itself must comply with the requirements of Cypriot Law. This means that it must be drafted and execute in accordance with Cypriot law.

You Cypriot solicitor will be able to advise you what to do in this regard. If he has advised you to attend the Cypriot Embassy in order to have the document witnessed and/or notarised then you should do this.

If you are in any doubt about what to do then you should refer your questions to your Cypriot lawyer because they will know what is required in terms of execution in order for the power to be effective.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi

I note you have rated my answer as being of "Poor Service".

Please ask me any further questions you have in order that I may convince you to change this rating to "OK Service" or above.

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied.

Kind regards

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi

Kind regards

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem is that I cannot get to speak to anyone at the Cypriot Embassy London to arrange a time to have Power of Attorney signed as directed by my solicitor in Cyprus.

There is only an automated call which relays website details and email address...due to foreign dialect i can hear these properly...please help?

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

I would persist with the embassy in attempting to call them. If there is an email address then I would also try this.

At the same time you should speak to your Cypriot solicitor to inform him of the problems that you are having. Ask whether going to see a Notary would sufficient instead of the embassy in view of the problems you are having. Notarys are solicitors empowered to execute and verify documents for international usage and this may be sufficient for your purposes depending upon the drafting of it.

You can find notaries (if your cypriot solicitors approves) via google "FIND A NOTARY NOTARIAL SOCIETY"

If you require any further information please let me know, if you do not I should be grateful if you would change your rating to "OK service" or above because your current rating reflects very badly on me.

Kind regards.

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor