UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English Solicitor and UK Immigration Law Expert
62162956

I am British my husband from Jordan he currently is holding

Customer Question

I am British my husband from Jordan he currently is holding a 6 months family visit visa which expires in November we just came bk from a 1 months stay. my son is travelling to UK tonight for study and really we want to go can you give me some advice on how my husband can stay there without using government help he will obviously work to support ourselves. We are planning to extend the visit visa if possible and stay please help
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

I am happy to deal with your UK immigration law issues.

I am afraid if you are not earning £18,600 per annum at least, you cannot sponsor him for a settlement visa.

He may try getting a long term multiple entry family visa (e.g 10 years) and travel in and out of the UK to visit but he cannot use it for residency purposes.

Thank you. Please leave feedback
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Does this mean he cant work in the UK ? Our plan is to settle in Uk and work legally. Please advise.

No, he cannot work in the UK unless he obtains a UK settlement visa which he may apply for if you are earning £18,600 or more per year.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback