UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Multi-Questions for Citizenship Application

Hello

I currently have an IVA (2 more years to pay) will this cause my Citizenship application to fail? also my husband's indefinite leave to remain visa is currently in his Caribbean passport which expired on the 8th of January 2012. Will he have to apply for a new passport despite the fact that the visa itself has not expired before we submit an application for citizenship with it? Otherwise does he have to use the passport as evidence of his indefinite visa or can they look that up and we send his birth certificate instead as ID? He was also born in the caribbean. Thanks.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

1. The fact that you have IVA outstanding will not effect your application for citizenship.

2. If you husband does not currently have a more up to date passport then he may use his expired passport and submit this to the UKBA as part of his application. The UKBA are more interested in the indefinite leave to remain visa and the fact he has met the requirements for naturalisation as a British citizen.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards