Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi.. I had a problem with my college and i did not want to

Customer Question

I had a problem with my college and i did not want to study there any more so last month in went to the admin to inform them i'm no longer interested in the school and that i'm changing my school... two days later(4th of july) they sent me an e-mail that they have informed the UKBA i have not enroll and that they no longer sponsor my visa . I now have gotten a new admission and a CAS letter so i want to no my chances of getting a new tier 4 sponsor visa from the UKBA before i apply, since i haven't been in school for about a month now. has my visa been curtailed if yes, would i be given a new one ?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

What is the gap in time between the college informing the UKBA and when you will inform the UKBA of your change of college?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
probably a month i think...
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

How long have you been at the studying at the college?

Have you simply changed because you do not like the course any more and there is a prefereable course elsewehere?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi expert...

I've studied there for about 8-9 months.... and yes that is why i'am changing, because i don't like the course here and I've seen a better college....
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Please refer to “If you want to change to a different education provider” on the following UKBA link:-

You will have make an application by submitting the form at the top of the right hand side of the page “Permission to Change Tier 4 Sponsor – Tier 4 (PTS) Application).

You can only start your new course of study with the new provider without approval from the UKBA if the new sponsor has a highly trusted rating, your visa is still valid and the new sponsor has assigned a confirmation of acceptable of studies to your for your new course. So, if your sponsor has a highly trusted rating then you can start the course before you receive approval from the UKBa but you must submit your application.

You cannot start your new course if they only have an A or B rating because you must wait for approval of the switch from the UKBA first.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,