UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

im currently doing my nvq in social care and i am currently

im currently doing my nvq in social care and i am currently having my yellow card since october last year.How long is this yellow card avalaible?if i want to apply for my blue card after my 12 payslips but i want marry with my nigherian fiance so the ukba takes our documents so i need remain with my yellow card until that.i finish my nvq in february 2013
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

You usually hold a yellow card for 12 months and then apply for a blue card, however, if you need to send documentation with your Nigerian husband's application you can always submit a certified copy of your id and if the ukba want to see your original documentation they can always ask you for them after.

You can state in your husband's application that you need your documents for travel or your own application.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks very much .Do u know if i marry before sending my application for blue card i need change my name with my husband name?or i can remain with my old documents and my old name?do i need send the ukba the new id with my new name after husband?

Thank you for your reply.

Changing your name is XXXXX XXXXX you must do, as long as you can show you are married this is sufficient. If you do wish to change your name I would recommend you notify the ukba once you have received your documents and yes send them evidence of your change of name should you wish your documentation to be amended.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do u know how much i need to wait to get an answer after sending the br5 to ukba ?if i get an immigration lawyer to make me an appointment for blue card to ukba is it posible i get the blue card in the same day?beacause if i send it throw the post office takes 6 months to recieve and also they keep all my documents in this time
Thank you for your reply.

You may do a same day appointment for some immigration centres so you should as a solicitor to find out for you. You can also try and make an appointment without a solicitor if you so wish. The reason is some applications centres have stopped doing a same day appointment service for EEA nationals, so I suggest you call and check beforehand.

Nowadays yes applications seem to be taking longer but they should not take more than 3 months.

Kind regards