UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Im a romanian student in uk i have yellow card permit and i

Customer Question

Im a romanian student in uk i have yellow card permit and i apply for blue card which is work permit in 3 months.I want marry a nigerian student we both love and want have a happy family his visa will expire on next february .What we shall do?he needs a visa ?how he can remain with me here?thanks
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

He is able to marry you in the uk he does not need a visa, you should call the registry office to book a date to marry.

Once you have married he can apply to remain in the as your husband and he will need to fill in form BR5 . The form and guidance can be found at the following link :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/bulgaria-romania/work-permits/applying/

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards

UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do we need to have an income at least 18600 pounds?as i read in the home office?and also will home office check our relation?will also have the work permit if he marry me?thanks very much
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

No you would not this 18600 threshold is only for spouses of non eea nationals. As you are an eea national you would not have to worry about the income threshold.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry i didnt understood .even if he is nigerian i dont have to proove i have an income of 18600 ?or maybe he has to proove having 18600 being non eea citizen?sorry about not understanding really

thanks a lot

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Just to clarify the 18600 does not apply to you or your future husband. This is because you are an eea national. Had you been either a British national or a another nationality then yes it would apply.

But because you are an eea national the 18600 does not apply to your husbands application.

I hope this clarifies the matter if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello .So as far i understand is it posbile l change my working place while im waiting for the blue card having the yellow card i mean is it legal
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Yes you may change your work place but do inform the employer that you are in the process of obtaining a blue card, which once you have obtained will allow you to commence employment.

You may want to read the following which may give you further information:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/bulgariaromania/guidanceforbulgariaromania0408

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

But while im waiting for the blue card i can work with my yellow card and nvq in social care in other work?dont need wait for the blue card if the new employer accepts me with my yellow card and nvq and inform him i wait for blue card?is it legal?do i need inform the ukba if i change my work place ?sorry about so many questions but this laws for romanian and bulgarians are always changing.

Thanks a lot again for all the real help

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

That is fine, everyone gets confused with these rules, you are not the first.

If you are exempt from worker authorisation and want to be employed here, you will not need to obtain a work authorisation document. As someone who is exempt, you will be able to take employment without restriction. You can obtain confirmation of this rightly applying for a blue registration certificate (but this is not compulsory).

Further information about exemptions can be found on the UK Border Agency website at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/ecis/chapter7.

You will be exempt from the requirement to obtain authorisation to work in the UK if:

you have been working with permission, and without interruption, in the United Kingdom for a period of 12 months ending on or after 31st December 2006. This may be the case if, for example, you are already present in the United Kingdom as a work permit holder or in some other category that confers permission to take employment (for example, if you are here as a student and have been in part-time employment continuously for 12 months);

You are able to undertake employment before the arrival of your blue card as you have already been in the UK as a student and undertaking work. You therefore do not need to wait for your blue card to arrive.

Kind regards