UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

I´m venezuelan and married to a Spaniard I want to work in

I´m venezuelan and married to a Spaniard I want to work in UK and right now I have an offer from an England company. They want me travel for a final interview next week.
I don´t have the biometric passport.
What can I do?
Thank you in advance for your help
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Where are you currently residing?
What passport do you hold?
Have you visited the UK before?
What do you mean by a biometric passport?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where are you currently residing?
I reside in Spain since octuber 2005.
What passport do you hold?

Venezuelan Passport (in fact is Republica Bolivariana de Venezuela)
Have you visited the UK before?

I went on octuber 2008 for 3 days

Is the new kind of passports that have electronic information. They told me it would be much easier if I had this kind of passport, but mine is the old type and it would take me almost a year to get the new one.

I married in Spain on Feb 2008 and being living with my wife since we arrived here.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

As long as you have a valid passport and a valid stamp then it should not effect your entry to the UK. You need to apply for a visit visa from the uk to enter the UK for an interview the ukba state:

Where an applicant is seeking entry to the UK in order to undergo a job interview, a visit visa may be issued where the applicant satisfies the ECO that, if successful, the applicant will leave the UK in order to apply for the relevant entry clearance.

Therefore as long as you can show you intend to leave the UK before the expiry of your visit visa you will be allowed to enter the UK.

You need to apply for a visit visa as per the following link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/apply/

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
I have noticed that you have not yet rated my answer , kindly rate my answer so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your promptly answer. Still I have doubts regarding specially to scheduling. It possible to travel next week? If I get the job would it be possible to travel in the next 2 or 3 weeks? What is "ECO"?
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.

1. You must obtain a visitors visa before travelling, if you do not you will be refused entry.

2. If you get the job then you would have to obtain a tier2 visa allowing you to undertake employment in the UK. Once you have obtained the visa you may travel to the UK.

3. A ECO is the entry clearance officers and who decide applications from abroad.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.