UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Dear Sir/Madam, I have been living in the UK for 10 years

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have been living in the UK for 10 years now, as a student legally.
My student application is with Home Office since 30th of June,2011.
Do I need to wait for my passport with student visa and then apply for Remain Indefinite?
Or can I send my application for RI already?
Do I have to pay for another year in college now?Or can I make a break and finish my education later?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

How long have you been in the uk for?
What day and month did you enter the uk?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I entered the UK on the 7th July,2002.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

As you are now eligible for indefinite leave to remain you have two options :

1. You wait for your leave to remain to be granted and then apply for indefinite leave to remain or

2. You submit further representations stating that while your application has been pending you have become eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain and would like to vary your application. You then with the further representations submit an application using form Set o and submit documentation to support your application for indefinite leave to remain. You then ask in your application that you want this application to be considered and not your Tier 4 application, and that you will be willing to pay for the extra application fees.

The original application would then be superseded by your application for indefinite leave to remain. Please see following link :
http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=volo+ukba&source=web&cd=3& ved=0CFMQFjAC&url=http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/IDIs/idischapter1/section5/annexv1.pdf?view=Binary&ei=COsiUK67HeK-0QXL3oGgDA&usg=AFQjCNGic_Q0a6I14qgG1tKxc2ZCbnX1kA

There is a risk with this application as the ukba may not accept your application and require a decision on your original application for tier4 to be granted before you apply for indefinite leave to remain.

3. As soon as you receive your visa for tier4 you can apply for indefinite leave to remain.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

I have noticed that you have not yet rated my answer , kindly rate my answer so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards