UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

As a Romanian who has blue card and is working in UK,how can

As a Romanian who has blue card and is working in UK,how can I help my daughter who is 22 to work and study in UK?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

As your daughter is over the age of 21 she is deemed as someone who is an adult and must apply on her own accord. She must arrive in the uk and apply for a yellow registration card using form BR1 which will allow her to study and undertake employment for 20 hours during term time.

The form and guidance can be found at :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/bulgaria-romania/work-permits/applying/

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I knew that.

The problem is which is the first step?
Does she need a contract with an employer?

Does she need to apply for N.V.Q. courses?Who is paying the course?

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Just to clarify:

Your daughter will need to arrive to the UK and apply for a yellow card using form BR1, once she has obtained the card she is able to undertake a course in the UK.

If she is a student in the UK, you may engage in employment for up to 20 hours a week during term time and full time work during vacation periods from your course.

However, if you wish to work, you must first obtain a registration certificate confirming that you are exercising a Treaty right as a student. This will provide authority for you to work up to 20 hours per week (or full time during vacation periods from your course of study).

You may work for more than 20 hours a week during term time, if you are on a course of vocational training and a work placement is considered to be a necessary part of the course. The work placement must be of an appropriate length and relevant to your qualification. You must not start your work placement before obtaining a registration certificate confirming that you are a student.

A list of accredited qualifications can be found on the Register of Regulated Qualifications website at http://register.ofqual.gov.uk/.

From 20 June 2011 the UKBA made it mandatory for those applying for a yellow registration certificate as a student to provide evidence of Comprehensive Sickness Insurance as specified by the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006.

The evidential requirements are currently set out in Annex A of Chapter 4 of the European Casework Instructions which can be located via the following link:

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/policyandlaw/ecis/chapter4.pdf?view=Binary

To qualify for a registration certificate as a student you will be required to demonstrate that you are enrolled at a genuine educational institu­tion. To do this you must provide a letter from the educational institution to confirm the name of the course and the start and end date.

You must prove that you have sufficient resources available (belonging to yourself or a sponsor) not to become a burden on the UK's social assistance system during your time as a student. You should provide documentary evidence from the list below:

Recent bank statements. These can be origi­nals or, if online statements, must either be stamped and signed by the bank or accom­panied by a letter from the bank confirming the account details and that the information is correct.

Evidence of sponsorship or funding, e.g. a letter from a parent, relative or friend, if they are supporting or sponsoring you, along with their recent bank statements; or a letter con­firming a maintenance grant.

A declaration, witnessed by a Commissioner for Oaths, to state that the applicant will not become a burden on the state.

She does not need to apply for any particular course, it is totally dependent upon her what course she wishes to study whether NVQ or not. The fees for any such course will be paid for by your daughter.

Kind regards

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly inform me why you have not rated my answer positively.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let me explain you how i get my yellow card so you can understand why I am confused by you.
First I singed a contract with my employer when I was in my country.

How can you say she must be in UK and than to apply ?

Dont you know it takes time to recive the yellow card?

I' m apologize for my gramar...and speling..I need to go to work!!

Thank you for your time!

I understand you are trying..but..what can I say...nothing new I learned from you...

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I did not say she must be in the UK, but if she wishes to apply for a yellow card it would help her application if she could find a institution to study in while her application for a yellow card is pending.

Regarding your application, how could you have signed a contract with your employer if the yellow card is only issued to individuals who are studying in the UK, Self sufficient or self employed?

Can you please clarify.

Kind regards

UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.