UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hello what is the use of Discreationary leave when your

Hello

what is the use of Discreationary leave when your a teenager who has been living in the country for 6 years and not allowed any humanitrian protection such as student finance and paying home student fees
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Are you asking for a resolution to your son not being seen as an overseas student?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
uk lawyer am asking for my brother which am his guardian not being seen as an homestudent
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
Thank you for your reply.

I had a similar case not so long ago, the fact that your brother is seen as an overseas student is something which is decided by the university or college.

Unfortunately the fact he has discretionary leave to remain does not mean he is settled in the uk although it does lead to indefinite leave to remain eventually, no college or university will take him as being a home student until he obtains indefinite leave to remain. You may write to individual colleges or university asking them to exercise discretion and view him as a home student, you can also inform them about you not being able to afford fees and how not studying will effect his future prospects of obtaining employment.

Apart from this there is not, much that can be done. I am sorry if the advice given is not what you wanted to hear.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks
Kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Could you please clarify why you have deemed what I answered as poor service?

Kind regards