UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I need to verify my eligibility for IDL application.Arrived

Customer Question

I need to verify my eligibility for Indefinite Leave to remain application. Arrived in the UK for the first time on 8 Aug 2007. Type of visa:Visa Nurses - supervised practice. Valid from:02 Aug 2007 Valid till:02 Feb 2008 Renewed my visa from within UK. Type of visa: Limited leave to remain. Date of issue: 30 Jan 2008. Valid Till: 30 June 2008 Left UK on 26 Jun 2008 before visa expires. Arrived in the UK on 27 Aug 2008 Type:Visa Work Permit. Valid From: 05 Aug 2008 Valid Till: 05 Aug 2013
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

When you left the UK on 26 June 2008 you can not count any period before that as when you leave the UK you break the chain of continuous residency in the UK for the 5 years and must start again to build up the 5 years.

Your time which counts for indefinite leave to remain begins from 27 Aug 2008, therefore you must have been in the UK until 27 August 2013 to apply for indefinite leave to remain.

The fact that your visa was issued on 5 August 2008 does not matter, it is the date you entered and undertook your employment. Therefore you need to apply for further leave to remain in the UK to make up the days which you fall short.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Applications that fall short of the five year continuous period:

In some cases, applicants may have been granted five years continuous leave, but due to delayed travel will not have spent five years continuously in the UK before their current leave expires. Caseworkers may count the period between entry clearance being granted and the date the applicant entered the UK towards the five years, provided this period was not longer than three months.

Doesn't the above paragraph mean that my validity starts from 5 aug 2008 instead of 27 Aug 2008 that you indicate as my validity start date?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.