Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

Is it legal to mail/courier a UK passport from one country

Is it legal to mail/courier a UK passport from one country to another ?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thanks for your question.

No. There is no illegal act committed by sending a passport by post or courier. In actual fact there is no requirement that you have to keep your passport about your person.

If you think about it it is a requirement that you are able to send your passport to place, when you apply for a new passport or when you apply for a visa you obviously cannot do this unless you send your passport so there would be no sense in criminalising send a passport elsewhere.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom