Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
60469748

am i correct in thinking that to get indefinate leave to remain

am i correct in thinking that to get indefinate leave to remain in the uk , you must be in employment in a specific field

Awan-Legal :

Hi

Awan-Legal :

What status do you have at present?

Awan-Legal :

This is only if you are on a Tier 2 visa (work permit - skilled worker) that it must be for the same employer and field.

Awan-Legal :

If you are in another category and applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain on that basis then it would not generally have to be in a specific field.

Awan-Legal :

This link will help you to establish whether you are eligible to apply for settlement and the requirements:

Awan-Legal :

I hope that helps.

Awan-Legal :

Kindly give me a positive rating and we can continue our conversation if required, thanks.

Customer:

hi again,, backround to my question is as follows.

Customer:

hi the people in question were both careers when they arrived in the uk.he left the nursing home before they were given indefinate leave to remain, she left last november and now are both working in direct sales of cookware. In february 2012 they both gained british citizenship but there application stated they were working as careers, while in fact they were not

Awan-Legal :

Hi can I ask why you have stated poor service?

Awan-Legal :

with regards XXXXX XXXXX as they have now been issued British citizenship then there is no issue with them switching employment in terms of indefinite leave to remain.

Customer:

but they switched employment before they got british citizenship

Customer:

i meant to press ok for service sorry

Awan-Legal :

had they switched when they applied for indefinite leave to remain?

Awan-Legal :

in terms of the British citizenship application, it is ok if they had switched employment but should have been truthful about this - if the UKBA enquire or find out that they were dishonest at the time of application, then their citizenship could be revoked unfortunately.

Awan-Legal :

can you change the rating to ok now? thanks

please let me know if you have any further questions from the above, thanks