Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

I am just wondering I talk to a UK lawyer and they said if

I am just wondering I talk to a UK lawyer and they said if I had £200,000 I can become a resident of that country since I have no relitives in the UK 
Hi

Thanks for your question.

It’s not simply that if you have access to £200, 000.00 you can automatically qualify for a work visa. If you have this sum and are prepared to invest this in a UK business then you will be able to apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa.

You will see the following is a link to the UKBA’s website for the eligibility criteria to apply for this form of visa:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/entrepreneur/eligibility/

This money would have to be investeed in a UK business, you cannot simply hold on to it and stay in the UK unfortunately.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom