UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hi,I came to the UK in June 2005 and went back Nov-2007.Then

Hi, I came to the UK in June 2005 and went back Nov-2007. Then entered UK on work permit from 18-may-2008 , and while in the UK applied for tier1 (general) in Mar-2010 and got the visa from 17-mar-2010 to 17-mar-2013. Iam eligible for PR from 15-May-2013, but just short on my tier1 general visa by 2 months to complete continous 5 year period(17-mar-2013 to 15-may-2013). My question is what options are available for me in terms of applying for PR, do i still need a Tier1 general extension to cover the period between 17-mar 2013 to 15-may 2013 or can i apply for PR without getting a tier1 extension. I have given my visa details below, iam here with my family ( wife + 2 children), i was born in 1975. Work permit from June-25-2005 to Nov-1-2007 ( worked full time her except for 1months holiday each for 2006 and 2007 outside uk) Work permit from 15-may-2008 to 15-may-2010 ( worked full time, went for holiday outside the uk for one month in 2009, and 3 weeks in 2010) Tier1 from 15-mar-2010 to 15-mar-2013 (worked full time here with 2 weeks holiday outside uk in 2012)
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Yes what you need to do is apply for an extension of your visa, if your employer is considering continuing your employment then yes you will need to complete 5 years residence in the uk before an application for indefinite leave to remain can be made.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi, I didn't understand the below part of the reply -

"If your employer is considering continuing your employment then yes you will need to complete 5 years residence in the uk before an application for indefinite leave to remain can be made."

Iam a IT contractor right now, does this mean i have to employed at the time of making the PR application, or in case unemployed then wait till i get employed then apply for a PR?

Sorry just to clarify.

You will need to apply for further leave to remain on a tier 1 visa, and complete the full 5 years, you can not be short by 2 months as the ukba will refuse your application.

Kind regards