How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


Customer Question

Hi there.
I am a UK citizen living working and residing in Greece for past 7 years. My earnings approx 1600 -1800 Euros per year.
My wife is Chinese with a Greek resident permit for 5 years. 3.5 left.#
We married 3 years ago in China. The marriage is registered in the UK.
I am 64. My wife is 45.
No children involved in this application.
We plan to visit UK next April for 1 month then return to Greece. Normal Visa we will apply for no problem.
But in 2014 or 15 we plan to return to UK permanent. I will have UK pensions of
approx 12000 GBP. We will have accommodation with family.
I understand changes have just been made and the 4 year rule has gone for us living together in EU .
Please explain if we need the EEA Family permit for either the 1st 1 month visit or the 2nd permanent visit.
Also what papers we need if any apart from
Proof of work , income and tax paid in Greece. No problem.
Proof of marriage and living in Greece..My wife has tax number and health insurance here.
I shall have a job offer when I arrive and my wife will look for work.
Many thanks and wait to hear from you. Please take your time as we are planning in advance but please give exact and informative answers.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.


Can you please clarify the following:


How long are you planning to visit the UK for?

Will you be looking for employment during your visit to the uk?

Will you be able obtain employment paying a salary of £18,600 or over?


Kind regards

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

Kindly answer the above questions.


Kind regards

Related UK Immigration Law Questions