How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i am a british citizen residing in the gulf.i might plan to

This answer was rated:

i am a british citizen residing in the gulf.i might plan to move to the uk in the near 3 children are british passport holders but my husband is a pakistani national.i want to enquire about the proceedure of applying for an indefinite stay for him and eventually a father and mother in law will be staying with us (both pakistani nationals)since they will be on a visit visa what options do we have for their medical care as they both are above 65 years of age.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.


You question seems essentially two fold. First I will deal will the issue of your husband being allowed to settle in the UK.


1. Your husband will need to apply for a Spouse Visa from where he is currently residing. Before a Spouse Visa can be granted you must ensure that you have secure employment in the UK which pays £18,600 pounds a year gross. If you do not then the other option would be if you or your husband have savings of £65,000.00.


Your husband will be give a 5 year spouse visa if your application is successful he will obtain firstly 33 months visa then if your relationship is still subsisting and you still meet the income threshold of £18,600 (his income would also be taken into account if he is employed in the UK), he will further need to make an application for another 33 months. Once he has been in the UK for 5 years he will then be able to apply for indefinite leave to remain.


The list of requirements is and the form can be found at the following link:



2. Regarding the issue of your in laws, if they are residing with you as visitors they will not be entitled to any medical care via the NHS, they must pay for all medical visits and any medicine's that are prescribed to them.


I hope this answers your question, if so, kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.


Kind regards

UK_Lawyer and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Immigration Law Questions