UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

My father was issued a multi entry visa settlement spouse/cp

My father was issued a multi entry visa settlement spouse/cp (KOL REQ) visa in Pretoria, valid between 15/12/09 and 15/03/12. He arrived in the UK on the 23/03/2010 and has been here constantly since then. He has not left the UK since arriving. He has failed to apply for an extension / indefinite leave to remain since the visa expired. Will he be able to apply for an ILR visa now or will they ask him to leave the UK and apply for a spouse visa again?

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

He will be allowed to apply for a indefinite leave to remain from inside of the UK. He should provide evidence that he has been in the UK since 2010 and the reasons why he has not applied for indefinite leave to remain earlier ie not having enough funds to afford the application fee.

He should also provide reasons why it would not be just for him to apply from outside of the UK. ie Children upbringing? Supporting his wife in the Uk and any time spent apart will be detrimental to the family.

I hope this answers your question, if so, kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards,