Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.

Some Lawyers come on the TV channels and says, Reconsideration

Customer Question

Some Lawyers come on the TV channels and says, Reconsideration application is no application. is it true, then why they suggest customer to go for reconsideration and charge them thousands of pounds
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 2 years ago.
Hi

Reconsideration is not a fresh application, which is what they probably mean but is a request for the home office to reconsider the original application that was already submitted. The process is that once an application is refused the lawyer then requests the home office to reconsider it and writes further legal representations, includes further evidence if possible. The lawyers therefore then charge for this aspect of the case.

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if I can clarify the above. In the meantime, please rate my answer positive.

Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience: Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was detained while my reconsideration application was pending, Immigration officer detained me from registrar office where i suppose to marriage at that time. After 4,5 hours he released me and ask me reporting every week in his office. but he ruined my genuine marriage. me and my partner are very upset and dont know if we can go to court for violation of our human rights. I have been living with my partner for 2 years and we want to marry and i dont want to leave him. moreover ukba sent me a letter in sept last year saying that "no enforcement action will be taken until we'll deal this reconsideration application" Even then they ruined my marriage. I think it was initiated by registrar because when i said to immigration officer that my reconsideration application is pending. he has to confirm with the office on phone. Why he was not already aware if he came to detain me. Plz reply
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

to whom i can compalint plz explain.

Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
Expert:  Awan-Legal replied 1 year ago.
You should also contact An organisation called BID to see if they can help you with compensation for a potential unlawful detention case or refer you to someone who can help:

Email: enquiries@biduk.org  

BID London office: for all general queries and detainees (except those held at the centres listed below)
Tel: 020 7247 3590 (please call between 10 a.m.to 12 p.m, Monday to Thursday - outside of these times leave a message)
Fax: 020 7426 0335
Address:28 Commercial Street, London E1 6LS