Awan-Legal
Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.
60469748

Some Lawyers come on the TV channels and says, Reconsideration

Some Lawyers come on the TV channels and says, Reconsideration application is no application. is it true, then why they suggest customer to go for reconsideration and charge them thousands of pounds
Hi

Reconsideration is not a fresh application, which is what they probably mean but is a request for the home office to reconsider the original application that was already submitted. The process is that once an application is refused the lawyer then requests the home office to reconsider it and writes further legal representations, includes further evidence if possible. The lawyers therefore then charge for this aspect of the case.

I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if I can clarify the above. In the meantime, please rate my answer positive.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was detained while my reconsideration application was pending, Immigration officer detained me from registrar office where i suppose to marriage at that time. After 4,5 hours he released me and ask me reporting every week in his office. but he ruined my genuine marriage. me and my partner are very upset and dont know if we can go to court for violation of our human rights. I have been living with my partner for 2 years and we want to marry and i dont want to leave him. moreover ukba sent me a letter in sept last year saying that "no enforcement action will be taken until we'll deal this reconsideration application" Even then they ruined my marriage. I think it was initiated by registrar because when i said to immigration officer that my reconsideration application is pending. he has to confirm with the office on phone. Why he was not already aware if he came to detain me. Plz reply
Hi

I am sorry to hear that. The ukba clearly acted against their own instructions on the letter so it is worth putting in a complaint. You should also speak with the person in charge of the registrar and put a complaint in to them also.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

to whom i can compalint plz explain.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/aboutus/contact/makingacomplaint/
You should also contact An organisation called BID to see if they can help you with compensation for a potential unlawful detention case or refer you to someone who can help:

Email: [email protected]  

BID London office: for all general queries and detainees (except those held at the centres listed below)
Tel: 020 7247 3590 (please call between 10 a.m.to 12 p.m, Monday to Thursday - outside of these times leave a message)
Fax: 020 7426 0335
Address:28 Commercial Street, London E1 6LS