UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

I am applying for ILR for myself and 2 dependents. I currently

I am applying for ILR for myself and 2 dependents. I currently have a Tier 1 (General) Visa. Do I need proof of maintenance funds for my ILR application.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

Yes you do. You would need to demonstrate all the requirements regarding your ILR application as you would have for any previous application for further leave to remain.

I hope this answers your question, if so, kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would you have reference for the relevant section from the immigration act/guidance notes that says this, because i have gone thru the Section

245CD. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain from Part 6A of the immigration Act, and i cannot find that requirement. I have also gone thru the guidance notes, and i cannot see where it is so specified.

Thank you for your reply.

I apologise for the delay in replying.

Although there is nothing set in writing regarding a set amount which needs to be shown by the applicant or the dependents. The UKBA recommend that there are sufficient funds in the bank account of the applicant or that the applicant and the working dependent has sufficient funds in the their account to not be a burden on the state.

The last thing that the UKBA want is to grant your dependents a visa for ILR and then they become a burden on the state thereafter.

Kind regards