Awan-Legal, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.

Hello. My friend,a russian citizen is currently in UK on a

Hello. My friend,a russian citizen is currently in UK on a 6 months visiters visa visiting family. Her visa is running out, but she plans to go back and apply for another one virtually straight away. Are there any regulations as to whether she can do that straight upon arrival or should she await a certain amount of time before applying again?

Awan-Legal : Hi
Awan-Legal : There is no prohibition on when a visitor can apply for another visit visa so yes she can do that.
Awan-Legal : One thing to note, however, is that the British Embassy may be suspicious about whether she intends to stay as a genuine visitor because she has recently been already and is returning straight after. The best way to tackle this is to fully explain the next visa and express that she will definitely return at the end of this visit also as she did previously. Prove this with evidence of her ties that she will return and she should be fine.