UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

Hi. I have paid premium fee for my ILR status vigniette to

Customer Question

Hi. I have paid premium fee for my ILR status vigniette to be transferred to new passport - NTL service. Nothing was transferred and I was ask to get biometric permit which I received. I was under impression that I did not receive the service i asked for and asked for refund - and was told by ukba that biometric permit is the actual service. Are they right?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

What does your bio metric permit state?
Does it have indefinite leave to remain stated on the card?
Is it a paper sheet or an actual plastic card?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is plastic biometric card. It says settlement. I mean formally have the provided the service I paid for? Thank you
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

I have done a few application for NTL and they have been by post and they usually issue a vignette into the new passport. But having just read the new guidance issued in April 2012, it seems that for those individuals applying they issue bio-metric residence permits now and do not place stamp in their new passports. Please see following link:

Please see points 13 and point 38 of the guidance link above.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly leave positive feedback so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards,

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 4 years ago.

I notice you have not rated my previous answer, please inform me if you are not satisfied and I will be happy to assist you with any further questions you may have.

Kind regards,