Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hey i would like to know about the limited leave to remain

hey i would like to know about the limited leave to remain in the uk .Also would like to know whether i can applied for that, because i can't book any appointment at the moment i was told that the homeoffice are not taking any application.

Hi
Thanks for your question .

For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, could you please respond to the following USING THE SAME NUMBERING:-
1. What is your current immigration status
2. Are you in a relationship with anyone
3. Who does the daughter live with
Kind regards.

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
am on a visitors visa for 2years, i have been going out of the uk every 6 months .yes am in a relationship with her father, but he is married .she leave with me. she goes to school in the uk, that's the reason why i was going & coming out of the uk for her education.

So when you leave the UK, who does your child live with?

Does the father have regular contact with the child?

How old is the child and how long have they been in the UK

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
she comes with me.he had a heap operation 3years ago it became really difficult for him to fly 6 thousands away to see her daughter, he used to come & see her before he had his operation every month.she 5 years going to year 1 in september. he is a british the father. for the past 3 years i have been going in & out of the uk working on the basis of my visas given to me.
Yes, but who does she stay with when you are out of the country? Please don't elaborate, it quicker that way..

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she lives with me.

thank

You stated you have the occasionally leave the country. What happens to the child then?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i take her off from school .she comes alone with me.

Where does the father live please?

What nationality is he?

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he lives in harrogate. he is a white british

thanks

Is he actively involved with the child's upbringing whilst she is in the UK?

I shoudl be able to answer in a minute..

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes he is. that the reason why he want her to be close to him

she is so close to him, when ever we go away she gets so upset without her father.he been always there for both of us.

thanks

Hi

Thanks for your reply/patience.

Ultimately you need to instruct a solicitor. You will have to apply on the basis of an adult seeking leave to remain with parental responsibility of a child who is a UK citizen and resident in the UK.

In order to do this you must be able to show that you are the main carer for the child and that the father has access rights. The best form of evidence for this is a Court Order or agreement between you which confirms that you have residence of the child and the father has contact with the child.

You would need to submit an application with evidence proving this and also that you will be able to support/accommodate yourself without the need to access public funds. The application is quite demanding in terms of evidence and is one of the more complicated ones to prepare.

I would advise seeing a local immigration solicitor for a consultation with a view to advising you of the prospect of a successful application on the basis of the evidence that you already have and the evidence that you will be able to get together with the co-operation of the father.

If you have the co-operation of the father and are able to demonstrate financial independence to the extent that you will not have to rely on public funds then you should be granted leave to remain on this basis,

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thanks for your advise. but i was been dupe by a company by the name ....nm called immigration that they can work on my case with all the information. they never bother to do anything for a month, not even sumitting my application after pay them my money. do i apply the court order in the uk or back in my country.

thanks

You should instruct a UK practising to deal with your case, not an agency.

If you are referring to a Court order in support of your residence then this would have to be obtained in the UK. Your solicitor would help you with that.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for your concern.at the moment am in the gambia. Regards.

Your welcome.

Tom