Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

My EEA family permit was approved & I received my passport

My EEA family permit was approved & I received my passport back with the stamped entry clearance. I also submitted my daughters passport but no stamp is contained within her passport. She is 13 years old. Am I allowed to take her to the U.K. with me based only upon my passport??
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thanks for your question .

For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, could you please respond to the following USING THE SAME NUMBERING:-
1. Can you remind me what nationality your daughter is please
2. Did you list the child in the family permit forms
Kind regards.

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. American

2. Yes

Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Ok.

Did the letter enclosing your approval/passport say anything about the daughter's passport and why there was no stamp?

Are you certain you completed her details in the relevant questions (4 & 7) of the form:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf5.pdf

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've only received an email stating the visa was approved. I did receive from UPS this morning the documents I sent in (birth certificates, marriage license, passports, etc.) but have not received an official approval letter. I did list her in the application under dependents in part 4. I listed that she currently lives with me & that she will be travelling with me.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Does the email confirming visa approval refer to your application only, or to yours and your daughters?

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It only stated the following:

Your UK visa has been issued.
We encourage you to give feedback on the UK visa application process at: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-survey

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After looking over my entry clearance stamp, I see that on the bottom it has number of dependents listed as 0. Her name does not appear neither. What should I do?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Right.

Did you also complete a separate family permit application for for your her?

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did not complete a separate application for her. I was not aware to do so. I thougt that would be taken care of under the dependent section? Must I do this?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I suspect that this is the reason that you have not received approval for your daughter because there should have been a separate application in her regard. The questions at 4 of the form you complete with regard to who is travelling with you are for substantiation purposes so that they can cross reference it with any other applications that they receive.
If you look at the following guidance notes for the application on this link you will see for the guidance at 4.20 of that form that a further form is required:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/visas/vaf2-8b-guidance.pdf
Form the UKBA’s perspective they have received one application for one family permit. Your daughter needs one as well I regret to say and you should submit a further form executed in respect of your daughter.

I would write a covering letter referring to the oversight and the fact that you family permit has been approved. The application will be uncontroversial and I should think they will approve it in even less time than yours.

Sorry it could not be better news.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can apply online today for this. Will I need to resubmit the passports as well? Will she need biometric testing done as she is only 13? I'm a bit worried as we are due to travel on July 24th.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

If she is under the age of 13 then I suspect she does not, but I can't check because I'm now out of the office. They will need passports again.

You should apply ASAP.

Please remember to rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor