INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Hi ! Please advise. My mother is Latvian . She is 65, and would

Hi ! Please advise. My mother is Latvian . She is 65, and would like to move to UK to be closer to me and my family. Her pension from home will not be enough to pay her way overhere. Please advise where would she stand in regards XXXXX XXXXX and state pension in UK. She never been or worked here before. Thank you for your time.
Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

Your mother will be able to apply for an eea family permit as latvia is in the eu.

Your mother will need to show that she is related yo you and that you will be able to accommodate and maintain her without recourse to public funds.

If she is currently in latvia, she will need to submit her application in the uk embassy in latvia.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please explain why she needs to apply for family permit ? Can Latvians not travel freely within EU ?

i sincerely XXXXX XXXXX seem to have mixed up two questions.

As a latvian national, your mother is able to travel to the UK without any hindrance.

She will be able to travel to the UK without the requirement for a visa and will be able to apply for permanent residence in the UK upon the completion of 5 years continuous residence.

Thereafter, she will be eligible to apply for naturalisation as a UK Citizen.

I apologise again for the confusion.

Many thanks,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please advise if she would be entitled to any benefits to top up her pension from latvia?

She would be entitled to benefits but not for the first 12 months.

Many thanks,