UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

A wife brought to UK by English husband passes her test and

A wife brought to UK by English husband passes her test and awaits full resident status. What happens if husband dies? Two young children.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

You will need to apply for indefinite leave to remain, if you entered the uk and has been on a spouse visa since. The form you will require is set o

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/settlement/applicationtypes/applicationformset(o)/

Please see above link for form and guidance.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly leave positive feedback so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you understand from my question that she has already been through this procedure and also passed the test mentioned in the form? We expect automatic acceptance in due course as things stand, but ask if death of the husband (sponsor) before that time would alter this? I am not one of the parties concerned.
Thank you for your reply.

If the person in question has applied for indefinite leave to remain and is about to obtain this then they should inform the ukba, although it would not make any difference as the applicant would have obtained indefinite leave to remain once her husband had died anyway. I would suggest that you inform the ukba of the death of the husband.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are you saying that a foreign wife brought to uk by a returning British national an applying for indefinite leave to remain is granted indefinite leave to remain automatically if her spouse dies? If so, does this apply to the children who accompanied her?
Yes this is exactly what I am stating, please read the guidance to the set o form above.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
last question, repeated from previous - what would be status of children included in original application?
If the children arrived with the mother then they would also obtain indefinite leave to remain.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you, I will give a good review but stay with the £11 agreed as your first answer was misleading. I need a reply so I can rate, I think.
Agreed.

Kind regards