INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

uk spouse visa question, Hello, have booked my partner in

Customer Question

uk spouse visa question, Hello, have booked my partner in for biometrics in about a weeks time. have been told by worldbridge-the visa application centre to do the application again. meaning cancel the application, request refund(told takes months to get) and cancel appointment. and apply again... july 9th change so rushing.

only problem is. Worldbridge give advice in general. i need advice of somebody can rely on. as i dont want to waste all that 900 pounds for nothing.

i made some mistakes on application form and its been printed out of course. Worldbridge advised only letters or number or a yes no answer for example can be changed on paper

and if an mistake affects the next question. or one it relates to. then i would have to do another application. But although the UKBA website basically says. you can correct mistakes on the print out. and says if you use wrong form or wrong email address you need to do new form. so i am confused about worldbridge.

if you change your mind about an answer or want to add more information, can you cross out the answessr and write the new one on a seperate page?????????(answer being a sentance or longer) i have changed my mind about a few things, can i do this or will it penalise me and chance of rejection of application?

which may affect the below which worldbridge told me to cancel and apply and pay again one one or two of the mistakes

part 5:

Q52: have you ever worked for any organisation of a type (state or non state) listed below

government(central or local)
judiciary
media
public or civil administration
security(incuding police and private secuirty companies)

i chose government(central or local) and wrote in Q58 -short example-'my partner is a teacher in a public school'. although she is employed as a private teacher, she would not come under goverment anyways. would a teacher come under public or civil administration? if so i cant change that, as i chose governent the Q58 asks about that. so no way to change to to public or civil adminstration if you think i need to, if i had to choose that. so i coud write it on a seperate piece of paper. provinding she calls into that category. otherwise is it ok cross out and wrote NO as whe nasking is they worked for any organisation that is state or non state and then N/A in the box it relates to asking somethign like you have stated you work for a govrnment(state or non state) please give details i tje box below, this should incude the name of he organisation, job title, or rankd and the dateS(year to year)

i wrote she has about you could say about 1 pounds in savings. shall i cross out the question about savings and put NO. as in she does not have. and put N/Awhere it says. you stated you have savings.. etc... pease give details..
other things include another question of a yes no answer causing problem for next one.
example if partner recieved any income from family or friends. etc. i chose yes and answerd the question that followed shortly after it(directly relates to it) but i wrote that she recieved income from me(her husband) but it is not income as in the box i listed it as
tarvel travel money for busses taxi, and english books.

other errors include needing to update my savings for queston 155. as a few days after submitting the form i got a new bank statement, which actully has written of the day previous. so i will need to cross out this answer and edit this.

also when it asked if the sponsor had any other jobs. i wrote yes... casual job. went into detail with names and all that. but then i said. does not wish to go again.

am i able to delete this part about not going again with out any penalisation? or even add to it specying it is a certain workplace i dont wish to work again. but i work at two different onces so thats why.

also...once the application form is submitted online and paid. am i allowed to start spending money? stright away if the biometrics is in one week time. or should i wait till biometrics to start spending. even tho it does not make any sence to wait.

the covering letter/application and sponsor letter... which date are these suppose to be written for/by? are they supposed to be up to date as far as till as date of application? and how do i specify the funds in my account either on the application form or covering letter. do i say my last bank statement is the proof of how much money i earnt till that? which for now is only 1-2 days previous. previous to when i applied.

hope questions can be answered. most important first to know is if, you can cross out and add things to the form(via seperate paper) even cross out a whole paragraph.

and the ECO will not have one slight chance of rejecting the application?

hope somebody can help. need to know asap, as if i have to do a new form. thank
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

INC :

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

INC :

Hi, if you withdraw the application now, you will fall into the new rules and therefore have to meet the requirements that come into force on 9th July.

INC :

I note what you state regarding the changes, however, you can explain these at the appointment along with providing the supporting evidence.

Customer :

i dont understand.. today is the 6th

Customer :

can not we do it again until the 8th

INC :

There is a chance that the UKBA will not accept the changes, however if they do not, any appeal will be based on the rule pre 9th July.

Customer :

the ukba state have until the 9th to apply tho?

INC :

You can make any amendments to an online form up until 8th, however, you may not get to make any amendments if the form has been submitted online.

INC :

If an online form has already been submitted, you will have to make amendments in manuscript.

Customer :

what is manuscript please? i have heard this before

INC :

Make amendments by hand, ie by crossing out and amending in your own handwriting.

INC :

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT.

INC :

Please remember to rate the answer and provide feedback.

INC :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions. Kind regards,

Customer :

can u explain. why i can not cancel and apply again in the nxt 10 hours? i have until the 8th correct?

INC :

Hi, there is nothing preventing you from doing so provided it is done before 9th July.

INC :

Your appointment will always be at a later date but the form must be submitted before the 9th.

Customer :

and regarding the other questions? my partner is a teacher, would they come under public or civil administrator

INC :

Public administrator as teachers are normally employed by the state education system, unless it is a private school.

INC :
Customer :

no i mean..in my question. which column does she come under. since i can not say she works for the government... it lists 6 or somethign ones. that if she worked for before i can choose one of them if her job type is there. so i was asking in my original question. is a school teacher. for goverment school. do they come under public/civil administrator.. i mean legally. as the term is one i am confused about on writing on a new applciation. so i came on justanswer to ask about it..

INC :

Hi, this would be a civil administrator position.

INC :

Public administrator positions normally refer to government ministerial positions.

INC :

Therefore you tick the civil administration box.

Customer :

thanks. finnaly one mmore question which i wasked in my original question.. the sponsors letter, do the amount of mooney i have to say i have. do i say how much i had on my last bank statement? as that is proof. while i have no proof for the eco of how much money i have now. especillay as paying for 2 visas fees

INC :

Hi, yes. You submit your latest bank statement. The bank statements should not be more than 3 months old.

INC :

The amount to which you refer should reflect in the bank statement that you submit as part of the application.

INC :

Therefore, if you receive your bank statement on the last day of the month, you would be expected to submit the statements up to June and not the end of July as this would not as yet have been issued.

INC :
INC :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions. Kind regards

Customer :

great, so once i i submit the visa again online, i can start spending money, and not worry about it being checked?

also how do i leave feedback? i have never used the chat before and its very late and dry eyes very blurry

Customer :

i just want to make sure. as from your advise. i feel i dont want to take a risk. if i cancel the application later and request refund or something.. can i still use the same visa card to pay? and there will be no confusion the the VAC as hopefuly they will not be silly enough to confuse two applications?

INC :

Hi, yes you can still use the same card to pay,provided you have sufficient funds.

INC :

Please remember that any refund is not instantaneous and will take a few day to process.

INC :

You can leave feedback by using the smiley faces.

INC :
INC :

INC :

Hi, can I assist any further?

INC :

If you have no more questions, I would be grateful if you could kindly click ACCEPT. If you do not, I do not get credit for my time. Many thanks

Customer :

sorry... i just want to clarify this thing i wrote in my original question.... to confirm.. it asked if part 5: Q52: have you ever worked for any organisation of a type (state or non state) listed below government(central or local), judiciary, media, public or civil administration, security(incuding police and private secuirty companies) i was asking if a teacher. well she is a pre school teacher, comes under any of these? i asked if it was public/civil administation. it dosent even have to come udner. but because i dont understand some of the job types. i dont know if teacher comes under those ones

Customer :

after this i will click the face. ready to sleep

INC :

Hi, it would come under civil administration and you should explain the role in the additional information section of the form.

INC :

You should explain that your wife was employed in a government school as a pre-school teacher.

Customer :

ok great, :) at 5:51 AM i wrote this so once i i submit the visa again online, i can start spending money, and not worry about it being checked? this is all i need. to know.

INC :

Yes that is correct.

INC :

I hope this answers your question. If so kindly click ACCEPT. Please remember to rate the answer and provide feedback. Many thanks

Customer :

thats for all your help .inc. will look at the faces. very feint to see. i need to put my glasses on. ill be a few minutes. goodbyee

INC :

Hi

INC :

Do you have any further questions?

Customer :

hii. sorry, its all ok i can see now.. better... i just realised in the original question i asked. that is the only thing i can see that is missin in the answer ''my partner is a teacher in a public school'. although she is employed as a private teacher' - she was employed by the minstry of education. but they employed her as a private teacher... would this still be accepted as a civil administrator? really dont want to put it in and the visa gets rejected

INC :

Hi

Customer :

hi sorry did u get my final message

Customer :

ii. sorry, its all ok i can see now.. better... i just realised in the original question i asked. that is the only thing i can see that is missin in the answer ''my partner is a teacher in a public school'. although she is employed as a private teacher' - she was employed by the minstry of education. but they employed her as a private teacher... would this still be accepted as a civil administrator? really dont want to put it in and the visa gets rejected- sent 6 26 am

Customer :

i wjil sleeop niw sorew eyres giidbye

Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

Yes she would still be described as a civil administrator. You should the explain the role in the additional information section.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Many thanks
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

Unless I can assist any further, I would be grateful if you could kindly rate the answer and provide feedback. If you do not, I do not get credit for my time.

Many thanks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi, i dont see the link between, public/civil administration and a teacher.. 'The Civil Service is also sometimes incorrectly referred to as the administration, but, properly speaking, the administration is the compound of public administrations and public administrative establishments, not their employees'- this was from the french civil service

the one of the main questions in my original question was the longest one below. and just wanted to know if a teacher fitted into any of the categories below. if it dosent it is fine does not matter. only matters is doing the visa form correctly..

part 5:

government(central or local)
judiciary
media
public or civil administration

Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

The french system is different.

I have now looked at this in greater detail, as I am now in the office.

In he UK, the role of a teacher is not deemed to be a civil servant role. Only Crown employees are deemed to be civil servants. Therefore, if you were to take the same definition abroad, this would mean that you would have to tick 'NO' for this question.

To be safe, as I am not sure whether the same applies in your wife's home country, I would suggest that she provide further details in the 'Additional Information' section of the form stating that she is employed as a pre-school teacher in a State school.

Therefore, such categories defined in Q.52 of the form only relate to positions such as: Judges, Members of parliament, Ministers, Civil Employees such as policy makers, Police Officers, Journalists and Security Services (Private of Public).

I am now absolutely positive that this is correct. I do apologise for the earlier confusion which was based on a misunderstanding that teachers would be deemed to be civil servants. Having now checked this properly, this is not the case.

Many thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

:'(

INC :

INC :

i questioned Worldbridge last week regarding the changes to be sure we would not be wasting money and time and effort..Worldbridge esculated about the 9th july change to the consulate general in that country. and the british consulate general customer service unit wrote that it is the date of the biometrics that is considered as date of application. but thats not what you were saying.and i paid again. and i am only a few dozen pounds a year less than the required amount. plus they have a new application form, and rules, so the application will get rejected anywayss when we submit it next week at worldbridge centre

Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the 9th, the ukba mentioned they have new application form or something. how would this affect? should it not be an automatic refusal with no appeal due to wrong application form. the ukba website does say. that for applications made outside of the uk. the date of application is the date you pay. which is what we did in time, so somebody has made a mistake. while i have heard other people speak to solicitors before and said the date of application is date of biometrics