Thomas
Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

my friends FLR runs out on the 12th July 2012, next week. She

Customer Question

my friend's FLR runs out on the 12th July 2012, next week.

She has failed her Knowledge in the Uk recently and now needs to know what she can do to get an extension whilst she completes another test. Please can you advise?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi
Thanks for your question .

For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, could you please respond to the following USING THE SAME NUMBERING:-
1. What visa is she on and has she observed the conditions of the visa
Kind regards.

Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Spouse visa and yes she has observed the conditions
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

I will be able to answer at 9bst

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Thanks for your reply.

If she is on a spouse visa at the moment then she will simply have to apply for an extension of her current leave to remain.

She would have to do this before her current leave to remain expires. If she does not then she would be classed as an overstayer which could create further problems for her.

She can extend her leave to remain in this way by submitting form FLR(M) to the UKBA. Here is the link to the page on the UKBA website:-
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/caringforsomeone/caringforadisabledchild/dg_10027594

If she has observed the conditions of her visa and is still in a married relationship with her husband then the application will be uncontroversial and she will be granted Further Leave To Remain on this basis. She can then past the test and apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain by using the forms on this page:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/settlement/

Once she meets the requirements on the following page she can apply for naturalisation as a UK national:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/naturalisation/spouseorcivilpartnerofcitizen/

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom