How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Solicitor
Category: UK Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 7408
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, we are a company in Stavanger, Norway. We have a Indian

This answer was rated:

Hi, we are a company in Stavanger, Norway. We have a Indian person who has gotten his work- and resident permission in Norway. However he has to travel over to the UK to participate in a few meetings with the client he is working for Apply Sørco. Do we have to apply for a UK visa, can he travel with his permission and passport without being stopped entering the UK. We have had many different answers and now we just need an answer from and expert so that we do not send him on a trip and he is being stopped. I sincerly hope for your answer. Best regards XXXXX XXXXX Meinseth, Senior Services AS, Stavanger, Norway. My direct e-mail:[email protected] Thank you.
Thanks for your question .

For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, could you please respond to the following USING THE SAME NUMBERING:-
1. How long would the visit last please
2. Will he undertake further duties in addition to meetings, or is it only intended as meetings.
Kind regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tom

1. The visits will last 1 to 2 days (depending on return flight to Norway.) Twice a month up to 12 months.

2. He is only supposed to participate in project meetings no other duties.

Kind Regards

Rebekka S. Meinseth

Hi Rebekka

Thanks for your reply.

He should apply for a Business Visitors Visa. This is similar to a normal visitor’s visa for recreational purposes, but it is intended for persons conducting business within the UK.

You will see the guidance page on the following link:-

If you click on ‘What types of business can a business visitor do?
‘ you will see that a number of the main types of persons using this visa are not applicable to your situation. However. You will see that under “other business person” a person may apply if they wish to come to the UK to carry out a number of activities and contains the follow:-
• attending meetings (including interviews that have been arranged before you come to the UK) or conferences;
• arranging deals, or negotiating or signing trade agreements or contracts;
• undertaking fact-finding missions;
• conducting site visits;
You will see that the requirements for this visa are listed on this page:-

He should submit supporting documentation that supports his eligibility . Among these would include his contract of employement with you, evidence from you and the company that he is only attend meetings and will not be paid by them. If they are willing they can execute a Sponsorship Declaration stating the terms of the visit., that he is in no way employed by them but that they will cover the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should arise during his stay there.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas, Solicitor
Satisfied Customers: 7408
Experience: BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Thomas and other UK Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
< Last | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years hight street experience
  • A Hayat's Avatar

    A Hayat

    Immigration Solicitor

    Satisfied Customers:

    13 years specialist skill in UK Immigration & Nationality Law
  • Paul Richmond's Avatar

    Paul Richmond


    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons) (First Class), LL.M (Distinction), Immigration Barrister (12 years)
  • Awan-Legal's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Specialist in immigration law with the highest level of accreditation in this area and with many years experience.