Thomas, Solicitor
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor

Hi, we are a company in Stavanger, Norway. We have a Indian

Hi, we are a company in Stavanger, Norway. We have a Indian person who has gotten his work- and resident permission in Norway. However he has to travel over to the UK to participate in a few meetings with the client he is working for Apply Sørco. Do we have to apply for a UK visa, can he travel with his permission and passport without being stopped entering the UK. We have had many different answers and now we just need an answer from and expert so that we do not send him on a trip and he is being stopped. I sincerly hope for your answer. Best regards XXXXX XXXXX Meinseth, Senior Services AS, Stavanger, Norway. My direct e-mail:[email protected] Thank you.
Thanks for your question .

For clarity and the avoidance of doubt, could you please respond to the following USING THE SAME NUMBERING:-
1. How long would the visit last please
2. Will he undertake further duties in addition to meetings, or is it only intended as meetings.
Kind regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Tom

1. The visits will last 1 to 2 days (depending on return flight to Norway.) Twice a month up to 12 months.

2. He is only supposed to participate in project meetings no other duties.

Kind Regards

Rebekka S. Meinseth

Hi Rebekka

Thanks for your reply.

He should apply for a Business Visitors Visa. This is similar to a normal visitor’s visa for recreational purposes, but it is intended for persons conducting business within the UK.

You will see the guidance page on the following link:-

If you click on ‘What types of business can a business visitor do?
‘ you will see that a number of the main types of persons using this visa are not applicable to your situation. However. You will see that under “other business person” a person may apply if they wish to come to the UK to carry out a number of activities and contains the follow:-
• attending meetings (including interviews that have been arranged before you come to the UK) or conferences;
• arranging deals, or negotiating or signing trade agreements or contracts;
• undertaking fact-finding missions;
• conducting site visits;
You will see that the requirements for this visa are listed on this page:-

He should submit supporting documentation that supports his eligibility . Among these would include his contract of employement with you, evidence from you and the company that he is only attend meetings and will not be paid by them. If they are willing they can execute a Sponsorship Declaration stating the terms of the visit., that he is in no way employed by them but that they will cover the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should arise during his stay there.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,