UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

i sent a query yesterday regarding my obtaining British citizenship

i sent a query yesterday regarding my obtaining British citizenship (i am a Romanian national ) and no one has replied to that. How long does it noramlly take to get a response through?thank you

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

I will be happy to assist with your question:

How long have you resided in the UK?

Are you working or studying in the UK?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I arrived in the uk in july 2007. obtained my yellow card in nov 2008 and blue card in june 2012. Am I eligible for naturalisation? i would like to add that i am a respectable person,(languages teacher in my own country), never had any criminal record of any kind and i have been working as an administrator for the same company since 2008.

I now have my family here my English partner and our 14 months old baby. What is the best way forward for me and what are the costs involved.thank you

Thank you for your reply.

From July 2007 and November 2008 what where you doing in the uk? Studying?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was looking for a college or to join a course to complete my studies. And i was registered as self employed to try and get some extra funds but that didnt work out and i ended my self employed status a few months later (spring 2007) before applying for a student yellow card.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry meant spring 2008
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry i have messed my years up. So i ended my self employment around spring 2008. got my yellow card in nov 2008 and blue card in june 2010.(and not 2012).

Thank you for your reply.

If you have been residing in the UK for at least 5 years and exercising treaty rights as either:

You are said to be exercising Treaty rights if you are:

• employed or self-employed; or
  • studying; or
  • economically self- sufficient (meaning that you have sufficient funds to support you without requiring public funds); or
  • a job seeker; or
  • retired; or
  • someone who has had to cease working in the UK owing to permanent incapacity.

You will be eligible to apply for permanent residency in the UK after 5 years the form you would need to you to submit your application for permanent residency. Once you have held your permanent residency document for 1 year you will then be able to apply for citizenship.

I apologise for the delay in replying.

I hope this answers your question, if so , kindly leave positive feedback so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards

Sorry in addition there is no fee for a permanent residency application.

The current fee for applying for British citizenship is £851.00.

Kind regards,