UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

i sent a query yesterday regarding my obtaining British citizenship

i sent a query yesterday regarding my obtaining British citizenship (i am a Romanian national ) and no one has replied to that. How long does it noramlly take to get a response through?thank you
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

I will be happy to assist with your question:

How long have you resided in the UK?

Are you working or studying in the UK?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I arrived in the uk in july 2007. obtained my yellow card in nov 2008 and blue card in june 2012. Am I eligible for naturalisation? i would like to add that i am a respectable person,(languages teacher in my own country), never had any criminal record of any kind and i have been working as an administrator for the same company since 2008.

I now have my family here my English partner and our 14 months old baby. What is the best way forward for me and what are the costs involved.thank you

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

From July 2007 and November 2008 what where you doing in the uk? Studying?

Kind regards,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was looking for a college or to join a course to complete my studies. And i was registered as self employed to try and get some extra funds but that didnt work out and i ended my self employed status a few months later (spring 2007) before applying for a student yellow card.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry meant spring 2008
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry i have messed my years up. So i ended my self employment around spring 2008. got my yellow card in nov 2008 and blue card in june 2010.(and not 2012).
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

If you have been residing in the UK for at least 5 years and exercising treaty rights as either:

You are said to be exercising Treaty rights if you are:

• employed or self-employed; or
  • studying; or
  • economically self- sufficient (meaning that you have sufficient funds to support you without requiring public funds); or
  • a job seeker; or
  • retired; or
  • someone who has had to cease working in the UK owing to permanent incapacity.

You will be eligible to apply for permanent residency in the UK after 5 years the form you would need to you to submit your application for permanent residency. Once you have held your permanent residency document for 1 year you will then be able to apply for citizenship.

I apologise for the delay in replying.

I hope this answers your question, if so , kindly leave positive feedback so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards

UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.