INC
INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)

i am from the uk and want to marry a man from kenya here in

i am from the uk and want to marry a man from kenya here in the uk, could you please advise what we need to do for him to get a visa?
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  INC replied 2 years ago.

INC :

Please remember to RATE my answer by using the smiley faces OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE. If you seek clarification please ask.

INC :

Hi, what kind of visa does he currently have?

Customer:

he does not have a visa yet, we dont really know where to start, we have been told he will need an invitation letter, but i have looked a few things up tonight and think he might need to apply for a marriage visa?

INC :

Hi, Is he in Kenya?

Customer:

yes

INC :

OK.

INC :

What you will need to do, to marry in the UK, is apply for a fiance visa from Kenya.

INC :

If granted, he will be granted 6months, during which you will have to marry. Once you are married, he will have to apply for further leave to remain as the spouse of a person present and settled in the UK.

INC :

The marriage visa to which you refer is designed for people who wish to marry in the UK and then return to their home country to live.

INC :

The alternative is that you travel to Kenya, marry there and then apply for a Spouse Visa.

INC :

If you wish to apply for a fiance visa, you will have to prove that you have met,intend to marry and live together as husband and wife and can accommodate and maintain your partner without recourse to public funds.

INC :

Furthermore, your partner will not be permitted to work on a fiance visa and will only be granted this right, once he has obtained a spouse visa.

INC :
INC :

If you wish to discuss, please feel free to ask further questions.

INC :

Many thanks,

Customer:

where do i go online to apply for fiance visa?

INC :

Your partner will have to apply for the visa in Kenya.

INC :

He will be able to do this on the 'UK in Kenya ' site. This is a site run by the UKBA.

INC :
INC :

Kind regards,

Customer:

dont think he has access to internet but i think he knows someone who can help him in immigration in nairobi,thanks for your help

INC :

INC :

It's a pleasure. I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly click ACCEPT. If you do not, I do not get credit for my time.

INC :

Many thanks,

INC, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience: LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)