UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

hi there. following up from my previous question, in the case

hi there. following up from my previous question, in the case of a Discretionary leave to remain application, my partner has been told he will need written reference letters from several friends. but we are not sure of what should be said in those letters. could you please provide us with some guidance on it or even a template of the letter. thank you.

Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE so I can get credited for my time.

If you are applying for discretionary leave to remain. The letters usually include how long they have know the applicant, in what capacity, what their relationship with the applicant is, and do they believe the person is of good character, have they been known to breach any immigration rules and the fact that they are willing to provide evidence of what they have mentioned in person should they need to. They should include their telephone number and ID with the letter.

The ukba are know to contact individuals to discuss the authenticity of the support letters provided. So please ensure all details are included.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly leave positive feedback.

Kind regards,