UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hello, A friend of mine is presently at the airport. immigration

Customer Question

A friend of mine is presently at the airport. immigration denied access and he is in the process of being repatriated. Could you help urgently before he is returned?

Thank you for your time and consideration

Reine Gomis XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
o7858746933 or XXXXXXXXXXX
Category: UK Immigration Law
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my answer 3 STARS OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

Why is he being deported?
What visa did he have when he arrived to the UK?
Does he have any family in the UK?
Has he breached any visa conditions previously?
Has he been to the UK before?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. He mexican national and is being deported because

- he came to the UK because to Oct 2011 for 4.5 month

- he mentioned that he did voluntary work when he was here because he was he visitor

- he came back to soon and could not prove he has a source of income

2. He does not have a visa because he dosn t need one

3. He doesn t have family but he is visiting is girl friend

4. No breach of visa condition

5. Yes as previously mentioned, he came in Oct 2011

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my previous msg doesn t make sense, sorry i am stressed. I am re-sending it below

1. He is mexican national and is being deported because

- he already came to the in UK Oct 2011 for 4.5 month

- he mentioned that he did voluntary work and he was told he couldn t do that here because he was a visitor

2. He does not have a visa because he doesn t need one

3. He doesn t have family but he is visiting his girl friend

4. No breach of visa condition

,1. He mexican national and is being deported because 

4. No breach of visa condition

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

It seems to me that when he was previously in the UK he may have breached his visa conditions whilst working voluntarily in the UK. As a visitor you are not allowed to work voluntary or involuntary, paid or unpaid. By working in the UK he breached his visa conditions.

As a visitor you are allowed to remain in the UK for 6 months, it is then assumed that you need to return to your home country as after a 6months visit (or less) you have affairs in your home country which need to be attended to. The UK have put at least a 6months limit from your previous visit to the UK to no raise any suspicions regarding your motives whilst in the UK.

Once your friend arrived to the UK before at least a 6 months gap from his previous visit the UKBA will assume that he may be using his visit visa's for purposes other than visiting, therefore they have detained him at the port of entry to ascertain his reasons for returning so soon, specially if he does not have the funds to pay for such a visit to the uk so soon.

The fact he has got a girl friend in the UK is a good reason to visit, however, this does not grant him automatic right to entry. Although the UKBA will take into considerations his relationship, they will not put too much weight on this when deciding whether to return him to Mexico or not. They would state that his girlfriend could visit him in Mexico instead when he is removed.

Unfortunatley it does not seem that there are ample reasons against the deportation of your friend, other factors such as his finances, returning too soon etc weigh against him.

I'm sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly leave positive feedback.

Kind regards,