UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

how to find out the visa status(tier 4 student visa) if it

how to find out the visa status(tier 4 student visa) if it is valid or not ? how long can stay before being an overstayer ?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to rate my answer 3 STARS OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

The expiry date of the visa is usually on the vignette inside the passport or on the biometric card. It is also usually the duration of time the course the applicant is for.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly leave positive feedback so I can get credited for my time.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i know this, there is change to my visa my university told me because i failed in my course, so the university academic registry will report to ukba about this ' the course end earlier than planned', what will this affect my visa status? visa will 'curtained' because of this? if visa curtained, then how long can i stay before being an overstayer? this is what i am asking............
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,i know this, there is change to  my visa my university told me because i failed in my course, so the university academic registry will report to ukba about this ' the course end earlier than planned', what will this affect my visa status? visa will 'curtained' because of this?  if visa curtained, then how long can i stay before being an overstayer? this is what i am asking............
Thank you for your reply.

If your course has ended earlier then the ukba usually give you 3 months to obtain results and apply for further leave to remain at a different college or start a different course. If the college state that your visa will be curtailed then it will be up to you to apply for a new course and college in line with the Immigration Rules, if you do not do this within a reasonable time then they may see this as a breach of the rules.

Once your visa is curtailed the ukba allow you 28 days to conclude your affairs and depart for your home country.

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for your reply, i have received the result on 26 2012, i won't apply for a new course, just want to know how long i can stay here if i have received my results and if the visa is curtailed? the problem is i don't know if the visa is curtailed or not, nobody tell me this exactly? how to find out by myself? can i ask ukba for this information? what is i overstay for a month? i mean i stay here two months after the visa curtailed? thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!! a helpless person
Thank you for your reply.

The ukba will and should write to you to inform you that your visa has been curtailed and inform you of the time you have to regularise your status in the uk.

If you overstay more than 28 days after your visa has been curtailed, you will be barred from applying to the uk for 12 months.

Kind regards,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you so much, expert, you are so patient, the problem is i can't rate again, otherwise i will be charged additional, sorry for this.....but really you are very helpful, if i have other legal problems, can i ask your advice? i trust you.........
It's a pleasure.

Of course you can ask me a question, but as it will be a new question you would have to re list it and put it for my attention.

Kind regards